Life is an adventure!

Open your sail and allow the wind to carry you toward your dreams...

Poem: Taking Risks


Recently, something happened in my life that caused me to risk it all. I took "all the chips" to the table and bet everything. I knew if I didn't, I'd lose anyway. Only by being willing to lose everything, did I have the opportunity to win everything. I'm much richer for this experience, not because I "won", but because I was willing to risk it all.


Risks
by Janet Rand (or Leo Buscalia)

To laugh is to risk appearing the fool.
To weep is to risk being called sentimental.
To reach out to another is to risk involvement.
To expose feelings is to risk exposing your true self.
To place your ideas, your dreams
before the crowd is to risk being called naive.
To love is to risk not being loved in return.
To live is to risk dying.
To hope is to risk despair, and to try is to risk failure.

But risks must be taken
because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.
The person who risks nothing, does nothing,
has nothing, and becomes nothing.
He may avoid suffering and sorrow,
but he simply cannot learn and feel
and change and grow and love and live.
Chained by his certitudes,
he is a slave, he's forfeited his freedom.
Only the person who risks is truly free.

2 comments:

I'm about to embark on a journey into the unknown..in fact I am on the cusp of it and risk not only a vital piece of myself but also potentially whatever I must also return to financially . I'm terrified.This came at just he right time. Thank you
"The brave do not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all"

 

My apologies for the delay in responding.
May your journey into the unknown be one of wonder, joy and discover. May you find strength and courage in spite of any fears.

Love your quote! Thanks :)
Peace

 

Post a Comment