Life is an adventure!

Open your sail and allow the wind to carry you toward your dreams...

Lyrid Meteor Shower

Did anyone catch the show last night? I got up about 3am to check it out. The moon was almost set so the sky was nearly dark. What a wondrous display of fireworks, like Nature's own beautiful umbrella formed by sparkles, twinkles and streaks. The water was calm and dark, and a couple times it seemed the shooting stars dived right toward the water. I leaned in close and held my breath, waiting to hear a "sizzle" but never heard a peep :)

As I watched the display, I thought about our ancestors who first saw the Lyrids around 687 B.C. I thought about what they must have said and thought and felt. Last night, I could almost hear their ooohs and ahhhs of them standing there with me. Last night, standing underneath the Heavens, I felt a part of something much bigger than myself. Hope you did too...

0 comments:

Post a Comment